One of the drawbacks of running an online business is that the technical aspects of it can cause a lot of wasted time and resources. This is especially true for entrepreneurs who are not that familiar with digital tools and applications. The good news is that there’s a really practical solution for online entrepreneurs who are not that tech-savvy. And this solution is Google Apps for Work, now more popularly known as G-Suite. Owned and operated by the search giant Google, G-Suite contains several tools and applications that make it easier to run and manage an online venture.
The Main Features of G-Suite
1. Content-creation tools: G-Suite comes with a full array of applications that enable users to create, edit, and save content. This content can be in the form of textual documents, videos, photos, presentations, spreadsheets, or a combination of all these types of files. These files can be created using Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides, Sites, and Keep. What’s great about these tools is that they can be accessed without downloading any software. All a user does is log in to his G-Suite account and he’s good to go.
2. Collaboration tools: The ability to collaborate and connect with anyone in the world is an essential part of running an online business. This is why G-Suite integrated Gmail, Google Plus, Hangouts, and Calendars into their platform. These are web programs that an entrepreneur can utilize to set up meetings, chats, talks, and basically a communication line for employees, customers, or business partners. Again, these programs can be accessed with a single log-in account.
3. Powerful data storage: There are two very important tools in G-Suite that make it very easy to store and access data. These tools are Drive and Google Cloud Search. Drive is used for storing and sharing files while the Google Cloud Search is used for finding bits of data from an entire G-Suite account.
4. Independent control over resources and data: Users has complete control over the data, sites, and resources that they upload or create using any of the tools and services through G-Suite. Users can also securely integrate their G-Suite account with mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
Needless to say, Google Apps for business is something that online entrepreneurs should seriously consider. It’s not that expensive to get a basic G-Suite account. The starting amount is only $5 a month. That’s very minimal given the various tools, applications, and programs that come with the account.
If you don’t have the right tools and software, managing an online business in Malaysia can be very frustrating. This is especially true if you process your paperwork the traditional way. To streamline your paperwork, get an account with Google to make use of the Google Cloud Platform. This software offers a variety of products and services which you can easily use to run your business. Follow our guide on how to use Google Cloud Services to simplify your business.
Google Cloud Services
The Google Cloud platform offers a range of services that will contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of your company. Here’s a quick list of some of the available products and services:
- Google Compute Engine – Enables you to launch virtual machines on demand.
- Google App Engine – Encourages you to develop, create, and host your web applications in Google’s data centres.
- Bigtable – A proprietary data storage system that secures your files and information.
- BigQuery – If you deal with tons of data sets, BigQuery is helpful in analyzing your data in conjunction with Google Storage.
- Google Cloud Datastore – This is a NoSQL database service that’s fully managed and highly scalable.
- Cloud Pub/Sub – Enables you to publish and subscribe to messages and data streams. You can directly integrate this service with other web applications.
- Google Storage – If you need space beyond what is offered by Google Drive, this is the service you should get to meet your data needs.
- Google Container Engine – Powered by Kubernetes, the Google Container Engine helps you deploy, manage, and scale containerized web applications.
Why The Google Cloud Platform Is Great For Your Business
- It’s easy to get started. Yes, a lot of the tools and software are very technical in nature but you will still be able to use them when following Google’s guidelines. In fact, there are 10-minute tutorials for every product or service that you want to utilize. These tutorials provide you with the knowledge you need to get started.
- It’s easy to migrate your data and applications from other companies. Transferring your computing workload to the Google Cloud is free. Google offers a cloud migration tutorial which shows you exactly what you need to do to transfer your data and content to the Google Cloud.
- You have access to management and developer tools. These tools include monitoring, logging, and diagnostic tools. If you want to develop and create your own applications, you can do so using the cloud’s command-line interface.
- It’s great for mobile applications. Chances are most of your customers have mobile phones. The Google Cloud Platform has tools and programs that you can use to make your own mobile apps that directly address your target customers.
If you want to manage and build your online business to be more efficient, more responsive to your clients, and better suited for collaborative work, you need Google Cloud services. You no longer have to deal with exhaustive paperwork and other paper-based processes. Everything you need is provided by the Google Cloud Platform! If you need more information on Google Cloud services in Malaysia, contact us today!