What is GMBO?
GMBO, short for Get Malaysian Business Online, is an initiative by the Malaysian government that was announced during Budget 2013. Grants totalling RM50 million will be disbursed to incentivise small, local businesses to have a web presence.
What can I get?
A grant of RM1,000.
Do I qualify for GMBO?
To qualify for the grant, you must meet all the following requirements:
– Malaysian citizen between 18-65 years old.
– A registered business or company.
– A registered domain name and active website.
– A local bank account registered under your business or company name.
– Less than 10 full-time employees and less than RM200,000 annual revenue.
How do I apply for the grant?
You can apply online at SKMM’s website, between 1st Jan to 31st Dec 2013 or until the RM50 million has been fully disbursed. There are no fees or service charges to apply.
How do I know if I’m approved for the GMBO grant?
You will know the result within 30 working days by checking online against your IC number. Once approved, the RM1,000 will be deposited into your business/company bank account above. Every business/company can only apply one time.
Ad: Want to create a website that sells? Check out the only website design and marketing partner you need.